Friday, April 19, 2013

Custom Eyes for my Amigurumi

My first real amigurumi project was the Star Wars set I did for my sister. I think they are awesome, but one thing kept bugging me while I was making them - the eyes. I really wanted to have eyes that matched the characters, but I was stuck with the very limited supply of black safety eyes available at Joanns.
Functional, but unimaginative
This has limited my current projects as well. I'm itching to do a Harry Potter set, but I REALLY want them to be true to character.
So I started hunting around the Internet. I came across this awesome website that sells clear safety eyes. This means I can paint them to look however I would like.
Awesome clear eyes!

This opens up so many options! I am looking forward to making fun little critters with happy, colorful eyes to match. I've just started painting my first pair, for a surprise project.

Now the options are truly endless!
An example pair (not mine)










No comments:

Post a Comment